HOW TO USE THE WEBSITE: A MANUAL
COMPANIES & LABELS
Explanation of what this website is all about.
The item “PIONEERS” consists of :
- a green section (PIONEER): gives information (vital statistics) on the pioneer and his/her spouse(s) and child(ren), if any.
- a blue section (PARENTS): gives information (vital statistics) on the pioneer’s parents and his/her brothers/sisters, if any.
- a white section (LIFE): gives information on the life of the pioneer in the broadest sense: jobs, recording activities, travels (business & private), company. In most cases the information is arranged in a chronological way.
- a pink section (NOTES)
- illustrations (click to enlarge)
- companies and labels
- an orange section (THANK YOU): mentions the people who directly contributed to the research of that very pioneer, often by kindly providing information or material (written, printed, photographic or otherwise)
In the horizontal and vertical A–Z indexes certain names serve as model pioneers: their names are in capital and bold script.
The files of these model pioneers should give a good impression of what a fairly complete pioneer file looks like.
COMPANIES & LABELS
This is as yet a mixed bag.
You can click on a company or label and find a list of other employees working for that same company or label.
By clicking on one of the pioneers listed, you will end up on that pioneer’s page. At some point in time the categories “companies” and “labels” will have to be better defined and possibly split up.
In this section you will find a list of all printed and digital sources I consulted or would have liked to consult. Under construction!
This section has been reserved for a newsletter, “The Missionary Times”. It contains the latest news about the website and informs the visitor at (ir)regular intervals of updates and new developments.
In this section I shall describe in more detail what information I am looking for at this stage.
“Cooperation” is the keyword here...
On the subject of financial backing (funding, sponsoring and donations) I should like to make the following observations:
Up to now all research was done with private means.
Still, I cannot not rule out the possibility that in the future I may welcome generous gifts from people and/or institutions who are sympathetic to this project and/or think they substantially benefited from this website.
Of course, this is not the work of one individual...
Over the years I have been corresponding and exchanging information with a host of inspiring, loyal friends and colleagues.
Here they all are (except the ones I have inadvertently forgotten).
And I thank my webmaster for impeccable cooperation and total dedication!
As always, suggestions and new information are very welcome!
But, dear visitor, I have not yet emptied out all my cupboards, filing cabinets, drawers, boxes, folders and what have you.
At a later stage I shall indicate in detail (in the section SUPPORT) what it is that is essentially lacking.
This is a work in progress: the website will be regularly updated.
© Copyright Hugo Strötbaum